Experienced Electrical Engineer focused in Lighting Design with over 3 years of experience in various lighting designs and project management and over 5 years of hands-on lighting installation and prototyping experience.
Excellent reputation for resolving problems, improving customer satisfaction and driving overall operational improvements. Well-versed in professional drafting and components review to optimize and improve designs.
- DIALux Academy 2021
• Principles of Lighting Technology • Working with Architectural Plans • Analysis of the Project • Lighting Concept • Lighting Design • Overall Planning
- Malta College of Arts, Science and Technology 2013 - 2016
• Awarded B.Sc (Hons) • Thesis: Design of high power LED driver • Coursework in: Renewable Energy Sources 1 Renewable Energy Sources 2 Traditional Power Generation and Distribution Systems Power Electronics Generic Circuits and Power Supply Applications Energy Efficient Construction Introduction to Electric Vehicles Project Design, Implementation and Evaluation Electrical and Electronics Principles Techniques for Engineers
- Malta Institute of Professional Photography 2019
• Dissertation: Through the Lens Panel. • Coursework in: Camera Controls Techniques in Practice (Hands on) Post Processing Programs Composition in Photography Working with Portable Flash Reflective Journal
- Freelance 2020 - Present
• Performed project by project analysis to implement the best lighting solutions. • Identified lighting requirements; area usage, architecture purpose, user psychology and separating into different areas. • Developed lighting strategy per project according to the space area using various lighting methods. • Performed luminaires arrangement according to various aspects of the project. • Performed calculations to determine the total amount of lumens needed per area. • Identifying the best luminaire for the area. • Used AutoCAD and DIALux programs to simulate the project and fix calculated results. • Issued DIALux reports and AutoCAD designs to clients. • Issued electrical plans to clients.
- Altern Ltd. 2017 - 2020
• Delivered detailed design/blueprints and planning for lighting projects using AutoCAD and DIALux, and recommended best practices and protocols. While following client specifications and aesthetics. • Rendered technical drawings, lighting drawings and electrical systems specifications according to country standards. • Issues DIALux reports and AutoCAD plans to pitch the project to the client. • Calculated load calculations and created electrical schematics using AutoCAD software. • Independently prepared and modified drawings, specs, calculations and graphs. • Management of bill of material and material procurement. • Managed installation team and subcontractors to consistently meet rigorous customer requirements. • Analysed finished projects to verify compliance with safety, quality and environmental requirements. • Performed in-depth electrical acceptance testing of completed hardware, including lux level reading of luminaire. • Evaluated installed electrical equipment and systems to isolate faults and implement corrective actions. • Delivered detailed as-built documentation while handing over the project to clients.
- Altern Ltd. 2013 - 2017
• Read and interpreted blueprints and job plans, verified measurements and checked site conditions before commencing of works. • Assessed engineering documentation to determine the order of construction operations. • Installed lighting units using hand/power tools and according to Engineer designs. • Elegantly and skilfully connected system wiring and components to achieve both aesthetic and operational targets. • Installation of electrical distribution boxes according to plans. • Calibrated system settings for optimal durability. • Tested system wiring layouts, grounds and terminations to finalize installations. • Met and exceeded customer preferences with high-quality lighting installations matching designs parameters. • Conducted visual inspections and physical tests on previously installed lighting units and systems to identify faults. • Prepared and administered preventative maintenance work orders. • Operated equipment such as forklifts, scissor lifts etc. to move lighting units and personnel into staging positions.