R&D Engineer experienced in design of thin-walled structures. Broad experience in Structural Engineering, Sheet Metal Forming, Material Science and Training. Focus on applied engineering and knowledge transfer.
Summary work experience
- Extensive knowledge in leading experimental projects in (aerospace) R&D
- Enthusiastic user of MATLAB
- Knowledge of use of composites in Wind and Aerospace industry.
- Work experience in in Engineering teams dealing with Structural Analysis, Fatigue and Damage Tolerance, Material experimentation for Aircraft Structures (metal and composites).
In-depth knowledge of Fatigue & Damage Tolerance and Fracture Mechanics of Aircraft Materials and Structures.
- Research skills in the field of composite material testing, validation and theoretical modelling.
- Experience of relevant Certification guidelines (GL and DNV guidelines for Wind Turbines).
- Project management skills, interface with R&D centres.
- Review- and signatory responsible Structural parts.
- Experience in lecturing and training advanced courses in Mechanics, Mathematics, Materials.